Regular job. 40 hours a week. Full time work. What ever you want to call it. The problem with it is that you have such little time and energy left to do anything. ANYTHING.
After work, how much do you ...
- Think - too spent from the day.
- Read - worn out and unable to concentrate on it.
- Build a business of your own - not enough energy and time left.
- Build meaningful relationships - in the margins of your time and energy.
- Sedate and entertain yourself in the scraps of time you have left in an attempt to maintain some of your sanity? Yeah - that's what most folks do.
Roosh hit on this in a recent post,
From his post (emphasis mine):
"Having a 9-5 job. A 9-5 job is the closest humans get to running on a hamster wheel. While some jobs are fulfilling, they tire out both the mind and body. A man who has a full time job will not be able to devote the necessary amount of energy and effort into finding the truth because he’s in a perpetual state of physical exhaustion and mental numbness. Even reading a difficult book will be too onerous for him after a stressful day at the office. My own efforts into finding truth accelerated greatly once I quit my job, even though my income dropped almost to zero (for the short term). "
- Would you happily switch to a part time status at your current job in order to have more of your time back?
- Could you structure your job so that you have extended periods off (sabbatical?)
- Are you willing to modify how you live to reduce expenses so you can work less?
- Are you willing to quit it all to pursue your own interests?
The problem with a full time job in today's market is that it amounts to voluntary slavery. It just f@#$ng sucks the life out of you. I am not sure you can buy or sell your soul in parts. I think it may be an all or nothing proposition.
Your company acts like it owns you. NO - your company DOES own you. Doubt me? If you are typical and carry debt, live month to month and do not have a generous F#$K YOU FUND in reserve, they have the power to absolutely destroy your way of life. Profits down this quarter, layoffs and you could lose it all from a layoff. Say an off color joke and it is overheard and reported, even worse. You could get tossed out and with that on your record, it will be very difficult to get into another
plantation company. Your company controls you - how FEAR. FEAR is induced because your company has the power to destroy you.
Aaron Clarey talks about this in detail in his book Bachelor Pad Economics. I am currently reading the book, and I will give a full review once I finish it. Already I highly recommend the book. Check it out.